Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Bright Tuesday


"Stop holding on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. But go to my brothers and tell them, 'I am going to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.'"
John 20:17

"Noli me tangere" is one of the cryptic things said by Jesus after his resurrection. "Mi mou haptou" is perhaps best rendered by the NAB- "Stop holding on to me," do not cling to me- physical separation from Jesus is necessary for the sending of the Spirit and his continued presence.
It is sometimes difficult to move beyond consolations, but it is necessary because we are called to love and seek God, not the consolations of God, and only by letting go of created things can we embrace their Creator more fully.


Chorale:
Alleluia!

O filii et filiae, Rex caelestis, Rex gloriae morte surrexit hodie. Alleluia!
O sons and daughters, the heavenly King, the King of of glory, rose from death today. Alleluia!

Et Maria Magdalene, et Iacobi, et Salome venerunt corpus ungere. Alleluia!
And Mary Magdalen, and [the mother] of James, and Salome came to anoint the body. Alleluia!

Ex mane prima Sabbati ad ostium monumenti accesserunt discipuli. Alleluia!
On the first morning after the Sabbath the disciples came to the door of the tomb. Alleluia!

Et Ioannes apostolus cucurrit Petro citius, monumento venit prius. Alleluia!
And the Apostle John ran swifter than Peter, and came to the tomb first. Alleluia!

In hoc festo sanctissimo sit laus et iubilatio: benedicamus Domino. Alleluia!
On this most holy feast be praise and rejoicing: let us bless the Lord. Alleluia!

Ex quibus nos humillimas devotas atque debitas Deo dicamus gratias. Alleluia!
From which let us give thanks most devotedly and duly to God. Alleluia!





No comments:

Post a Comment