Thursday, March 24, 2016

Station XIII: The Body of Jesus is Removed from the Cross

Ezekiel 37:12-14

Thus says the Lord God: Look! I am going to open your graves; I will make you come up out of your graves, my people, and bring you back to the land of Israel. You shall know that I am the Lord, when I open your graves and make you come up out of them, my people! I will put my spirit in you that you may come to life, and I will settle you in your land. Then you shall know that I am the Lord. I have spoken; I will do it—says the Lord.

Tissot, Jacques, 1836-1902. The Descent from the Cross.
Psalm 22:24-27

“You who fear the Lord, give praise!
    All descendants of Jacob, give honor;
    show reverence, all descendants of Israel!
For he has not spurned or disdained
    the misery of this poor wretch,
Did not turn away from me,
    but heard me when I cried out.
I will offer praise in the great assembly;
    my vows I will fulfill before those who fear him.
The poor will eat their fill;
    those who seek the Lord will offer praise.
    May your hearts enjoy life forever!”

Matthew 16:25

For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment