Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Station V: Simon of Cyrene Helps Jesus to Carry His Cross

1 Peter 4:13, 19

Rejoice to the extent that you share in the sufferings of Christ, so that when his glory is revealed you may also rejoice exultantly. Those who suffer in accord with God’s will hand their souls over to a faithful creator as they do good.

Psalm 40:6, 9, 12b

You, yes you, O Lord, my God,
    have done many wondrous deeds!
And in your plans for us
    there is none to equal you.
Should I wish to declare or tell them,
    too many are they to recount.
I delight to do your will, my God;
    your law is in my inner being!
May your mercy and your faithfulness
    continually protect me.

Matthew 25:37-40

Then the righteous will answer him and say, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? When did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? When did we see you ill or in prison, and visit you?’ And the king will say to them in reply, ‘Amen, I say to you, whatever you did for one of these least brothers of mine, you did for me.’
Tissot, Jacques, 1836-1902. Simon the Cyrenian Compelled to Carry the Cross with Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment