Monday, March 21, 2016

Station X: Jesus is Stripped of His Clothing

Isaiah 53:7-8
Tissot, Jacques, 1836-1902. Jesus Stripped of his Clothing.

Let the wicked forsake their way,
    and sinners their thoughts;
Let them turn to the Lord to find mercy;
    to our God, who is generous in forgiving.
For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
    nor are your ways my ways—says Lord.

Psalm 22:17-22

Dogs surround me;
    a pack of evildoers closes in on me.
They have pierced my hands and my feet
    I can count all my bones.
They stare at me and gloat;
    they divide my garments among them;
    for my clothing they cast lots.
But you, Lord, do not stay far off;
    my strength, come quickly to help me.
Deliver my soul from the sword,
    my life from the grip of the dog.
Save me from the lion’s mouth,
    my poor life from the horns of wild bulls.

Matthew 20:25-28

“You know that the rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and the great ones make their authority over them felt. But it shall not be so among you. Rather, whoever wishes to be great among you shall be your servant; whoever wishes to be first among you shall be your slave. Just so, the Son of Man did not come to be served but to serve and to give his life as a ransom
for many.”

No comments:

Post a Comment