Monday, March 14, 2016

Station III: Jesus Falls the First Time

Isaiah 40:30-31

Tissot, Jacques, 1836-1902. Jesus Falls Beneath the Cross.
Though young men faint and grow weary,
    and youths stagger and fall,
They that hope in the Lord will renew their strength,
    they will soar on eagles’ wings;
They will run and not grow weary,
    walk and not grow faint.

Psalm 143:1, 3

Lord, hear my prayer;
    in your faithfulness listen to my pleading;
    answer me in your righteousness.
The enemy has pursued my soul;
    he has crushed my life to the ground.
He has made me dwell in darkness
    like those long dead.

Matthew 7:13-14

“Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the road broad that leads to destruction, and those who enter through it are many. How narrow the gate and constricted the road that leads to life. And those who find it are few."

No comments:

Post a Comment