Wednesday, August 29, 2012

B.C. Exploration

Yesterday was orientation at St. John's Seminary and Boston College where most of my classes will be. The campuses are contiguous, with BC having bought out a large part of SJS during the archdiocese's 2000s financial straits. Both are very picturesque and filled with historic buildings. 

 
Historic Gasson Hall, which houses the 'Hall of Jesuit saints.'

St. Michael

St. Ignatius Loyola, S.J.

St. Stanislaus Kostka, S.J.

St. John Berchmans, S.J.

St. Aloysius Gonzaga, S.J.

Fr. Jaques Marquette, S.J. (Only I and my formation director from Michigan knew who he is).

Mater Dei Est Mater Mea: the Mother of God is my Mother


Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam: for the greater glory of God




 And, finally, my first real shenanigan in seminary: sneaking onto the BC football field while my formation director was looking the other way. It was my first time on AstroTurf.



In case you have subscribed and eagerly await whatever priceless wisdom I have to impart on a daily basis, I will be making a silent retreat starting this evening so there will be no posts until Sunday.


No comments:

Post a Comment