Sunday, August 26, 2012

Postulancy 101

My first day as an oblate postulant! What to say? There was a lot of activity on moving day, but  I had some time to call family members while unpacking. But there were many other things to do besides unpack. Sundays are usually relatively free, but besides community prayer, meals, and recreation, orientation activities started as well. I have also figured out that there is more than arithmetic of time involved in figuring out how to stay in touch with everyone; community recreation usually ends ~ 8 pm and the Great Silence starts at 9 pm, thus the blog.

Some documentary footage of the new crib:
 My cell just after arrival. (The Michigan pennant was the first thing I unpacked.)

 Perhaps a little comfier after getting a desk chair, but it the eleousa icon makes it homey already.

My makeshift desk. Everything in this wing was recently remodeled and some of the new furniture has yet to arrive (in case you think it's spare even for a cell, I will be getting a desk and shelf).

The amazing all-in-one closet/bureau/library

It wouldn't be a cell without a sink!

Something to console me for probably not catching many games this fall.

My room overlooks the courtyard. It is below street level and has a fountain, so it is a very quiet and relaxing environment in the midst of a very busy part of the city.

The library: only two floors above me and 24/7 access. And you thought the sink was exciting!



Studying up for class!

No comments:

Post a Comment