Sunday, August 24, 2014

Virtual Tour

Now that I've been able to move up to the novitiate floor and get settled in, I have some new pictures to share.

St. Clement's 

Just for variety, St. Clement's in the Winter after the snowstorm two years ago

The Shrine seen from the nave. There are very few pictures of the interior and I never want to take them so as not to disturb the adorers.

The large refectory is below the Church. It is used for meals when there are guests and receptions, dinners, etc.

Ven. Bruno Lanteri

The large refectory from the balcony. It is called the large refectory to distinguish it from....

the small refectory that is used for meals during the week.

The small refectory is complete with a coffee/tea bar and snack station, the most popular place in the house.

The class room above the refectory, where I will not have any classes this year but have had some of my classes during the previous two years.


The courtyard view from my old window. It is a favorite place to relax and read in nice weather, and is sometimes used for dinner during the Summer.

The postulant TV room next to the courtyard- the location of movie night on Saturdays, formation meetings when AV equipment is needed, and media class last Spring.


The household facilities are rounded out by a gym, laundry room, and barber shop for those brave enough to give a fellow seminarian a razor.

The pinnacle of the house (a 75-step climb above the refectory), our very own novitiate residence.











My novitiate room. Quite an upgrade from the old cell.

The novitiate floor was just completely renovated last year, so I'm the second occupant of this room, a pretty unheard of luxury.


Built-in wooden shelves, sturdy enough for all the books I can fit on them!


More closet space than I will ever need.


The view of Boylston St. from my window.


Adjoining private bathroom, European efficiency-style complete with a German dual flush toilet.


There is lots of space.



Huge bed

The novitiate conference room is right next door...


and the chapel is right across the corridor.


So, that's my new residence for this year. There's a lot I haven't unpacked yet and it still feels like I'm staying in a luxury hotel (that has a lot of stairs to climb), but I will be getting settled in this week. 

The rector of the house wanted to provide comfortable novitiate quarters because we are not able to have novitiate in a different house outside a city, which would be ideal. But because we are spending a lot more time in prayer and reading, we have our own space which, when there is no Red Sox game and the windows are closed up, is actually pretty quiet and peaceful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment