Sunday, August 10, 2014

Farewell to My Old Cell

The first week back started out very busy. Three of us began novitiate Monday night, and Tuesday night was the Mass of First Profession for two of last year's novices. The new brothers had numerous family members and friends visiting for the occasion and there was a full house! But over the next couple of days they departed and now there are a couple of quiet weeks before the clerics return and the new postulants arrive.

Chris, Paul, and I were inducted as novices last Monday and Fr. Shawn had five novices for 24 hours.

  
Br. Rafael and Br. Paul, new members of the Oblate community in Boston.


I was hoping to post pictures of my new digs in the novitiate quarters, but many community members are displaced by Summer renovations and for the time being, I am still in my old postulant cell. It's rather disheveled because I am trying avoid unpacking before moving again, so here are some old pictures from two years ago. At that time we were waiting for new desks and bookshelves to arrive, but it gives you a good idea of where I have been living. It's been my retreat for rest, study, and prayer for the past two years, but I will be moving on this week.

I plan to put together a more thorough virtual tour to post next week with pictures of the rest of the house, the Shrine, and the neighborhood. 



3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see the new room. Will it look relatively similar? At least you have a plethora of MI/UM gear. :)
    Here! Something to look at in your new digs: http://boredomtherapy.com/realistic-pencil-drawings/
    You'll like it! You won't believe they aren't photographs at first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I saw the title "farewell to my old cell" I thought it was going to be a satire piece about your cell phone ;-P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I just turned it in last night... in pieces. There are some things I miss during a media fast; that lemon is not one of them.

    ReplyDelete