Sunday, November 11, 2012

Another Long Weekend

Well, between almost every bank holiday in the Fall semester being on a Monday and the hurricane, it feels like long weekends happen at least twice per month. I'm not complaining, but I guess I shouldn't come to rely on them for catching up on reading and studying for exams.

Mama and Papa visited two weeks ago and we enjoyed a long Saturday of touring Boston and we hiked the entire Freedom Trail, from downtown Boston to Charlestown naval shipyard.

A beautiful Autumn morning on Boston Common.

The Marzonies in their element at the historic Granary Cemetery.

Samuel Adams' grave.

The Boston Massacre victims' grave marker.

The Old Statehouse, hub of activity c. 1776.

Pausing for a break at Faneuil Hall.

The U.S.S. Constitution, oldest commissioned naval vessel afloat, at the end of the Trail.

In other news, I survived my first "nor'easter:" there was about 2 inches of snow accumulation Wednesday before things heated up again. I thoroughly enjoyed it, especially since I got to make a few trips out and spend some time in the snow.

In addition to remembering all veterans who have served in the U.S. armed forces today, I also remembered my grandfather Marzonie today. It's hard to believe it has been 18 years. May his soul and the souls of all the faithful departed through the mercy of God rest in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment