Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Growth, Glitches, and Gales

What South Boston looked like before the hurricane hit...


I have a little more time to post this week because of the weather; we've had a couple of half days because of the storms, but unfortunately the hurricane excuse doesn't work for classes that are down the hall from your room, so it wasn't a totally free ride.

It's the halfway point in the semester and it is time to review my goals for formation and personal growth. That coincides with the November day of recollection, and I will be unavailable from Wednesday evening to Thursday evening this week, but after that I should be free to talk.

The storm was not too bad in our part of town; we're several miles from the unsheltered coast, so there were high winds most of the day Monday and steady rain, but nothing on the magnitude of what was forecast. Everything was shutdown Monday and things have only gotten a slow start today, but aside from some glitches with my internet that are probably weather related, there hasn't been any problem here.

Mama and Papa visited over the weekend and we toured some of the historical sites I had not yet seen in Boston. It was fun and I have some pics to post when the net is working better.

Lastly, thanks to everybody who has been sending mail. I'm trying to reply to everyone individually, but I'm a little backlogged so it might take a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment